Naval vessels/warships?

If you want to propose what can be interesting for disassembly/assembly and show how it works - this forum branch is for you
Pinus

Naval vessels/warships?

Post by Pinus » Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:08 pm

This is not much of a request (not much of a boat person myself) but rather a suggestion.
Since you guys are doing ground vehicles (bike,tank,cars) and air crafts (planes,helicopters), why not something amphibious as well?

Sure, you can say its too vast but wasn't it the same with guns, bikes, aircraft, etc, disassemblies you guys have already attempt? Just choose the ones that seems popular or historically significant.

Now, the main problem is probably the difficulty of disassembling such large vessel but who say you have to do the large ones? I mean, surely, you won't try attempting things like a C-17 Globemaster III or airbuses for for 'plane disassembly' app. Choose categories of naval vessels that is easier and much smaller to attempt like patrol boat, fast attack craft, speed boats, midget submarines, landing crafts, etc.
Of course, there are those really large ones like aircraft carriers, cruisers, destroyers, etc. but I wouldn't recommend those...
And hey, even civilian or recreational ones are nice too like jet ski, motor boat, yacht, etc.

I can understand how many projects is already on hands right now and how little people have knowledge of naval vessels but this can be a future side job or something to do when you have nothing else to make...